If you have back pain, our chiropractor can help you achieve the long-lasting relief you need. At Athena Chiropractic, we have the experience and technology to treat the root cause of your back pain using natural remedies. So, if you are in Wilmington, DE, and back pain is getting the better of you, please book an appointment with our chiropractor today for pain relief.
What Are the Common Causes of Back Pain?
Several factors may result in back pain. Some include:
- Poor posture: If you lift weight incorrectly or sit and sleep in an unnatural position, you may put undue strain on your spine, causing back pain and soreness.
- Injuries: Falls, slips, and car accidents are notorious for causing strains, sprains, and fractures in your back.
- Osteoporosis: Aging may cause your spinal bones to lose volume and density, making them susceptible to painful fractures.
- Scoliosis: A curved spine compresses the spinal structures, leading to pain and limited mobility.
- Spinal stenosis: Aging and disc degeneration may cause the spinal column to narrow, resulting in pain.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is damaged or irritated, you may suffer pain that radiates from the lower back to the back of your legs and down to the feet.
- Disc herniation: Injuries and aging may cause the discs between the spinal bones to herniate, which results in impingement of the nearby nerves, causing pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Obesity: Unhealthy weight puts pressure on the spine, resulting in back pain and other undesirable health concerns.
How Do Chiropractors Treat Back Pain?
Treating back pain doesn’t have to take the route of medication or surgery. Chiropractic care uses natural remedies to manage back pain. While back pain is a common condition, there is no reason you should continue living in pain. Please book an appointment with a chiropractor, and pain relief won’t be far from you.
What Are Some Common Chiropractic Treatments?
The common chiropractic treatments for back pain include:
- Spinal manipulation: Whether you have lower, mid, or upper back pain, we administer spinal manipulation to correct misaligned joints that impinge on spinal nerves. This technique involves gentle thrusts on your back to align your spine properly.
- Cold laser therapy: This treatment uses lasers to trigger cell activities to hasten healing by reducing inflammation and encouraging cell regeneration.
- Massage therapy: Sore back muscles can be painful and limit proper flexibility. We administer massage therapy to soothe tense muscles to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Stretching exercises: Chiropractic exercises add tenacity to core muscles to avert future injuries. Also, stretching exercises mitigate pain and restore mobility.
Contact Us Today
Are you suffering from back pain in Wilmington, DE? Do you have more questions about back pain? Please book an appointment with Athena Chiropractic for all your back pain solutions. Call us today at (302) 543-4227.