If you’re experiencing shoulder pain due to injuries or daily activities, the discomfort can reduce your range of motion and significantly affect your quality of life. Not only that, but the pain can also become chronic when it is left untreated. At Athena Chiropractic in Wilmington, DE, we provide a variety of chiropractic treatments to relieve your aches and improve your overall health.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
One of the first steps we take when our clients have shoulder pain is determine what is causing the discomfort. Afterward, we will create a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs. Some common causes of shoulder pain include:
- Sports injuries: The force of impact during a sport can affect the alignment of the shoulder, which is one of the most important joints in the body.
- Bursitis: This condition can develop the sac of fluid that sits in the joint to help cushion the movement of muscles, bones, and tendons becomes inflamed.
- Arthritis: Arthritis causes the cartilage in the shoulder to break down, which causes pain with movement.
- Nerve injury: There are various nerves in the shoulder, and any of them can trigger significant pain when injured.
- Shoulder Dislocation: When your shoulder is dislocated, it can result in swelling and prevent you from moving your arm freely.
- Rotator cuff injury: A rotator cuff injury is any type of injury to various areas of the shoulder, including the muscles, tendons, and ligaments, causes muscle weakness and increases pain.
- Frozen shoulder: This condition occurs when the muscles and ligaments become stiff, which can reduce your range of motion.
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
If you are struggling with shoulder pain, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible. After we identify the root cause of your pain, we can recommend the necessary care. Your treatment plan may include chiropractic adjustments, cold laser therapy, and physical therapy. We will work closely with you to address your discomfort and help improve your mobility. You may even have your first treatment after your initial consultation. While you might feel relief after the first session, our chiropractor may suggest additional appointments to help you heal completely.
Contact us for an Appointment Today!
At Athena Chiropractic in Wilmington, DE, we understand that shoulder pain can impact your day-to-day activities. With the right care, we will help reduce your symptoms so you can return to your normal routine quickly. To schedule your first appointment, contact us at (302) 543-4227 today. When you need a chiropractor near me, our team is happy to assist!